I’ve been following #ceboostcamp by @circleeconomy on Twitter for the last couple of days, some interesting thoughts from this sustainability event here, in Holland. My favourite must be redefining the word ‘consumer’ into ‘user’, ‘leaser’ or – my suggested version – ‘borrower’. This may seem insignificant, but in the world of marketing this may have a large impact and begin a mentality shift. When we call ourselves consumers, we consume. Consumption can be blind, endless, non stop. There is no beginning and no end. If we call ourselves users or leasers or borrowers, then suddenly the process becomes limited in time, accountable and there is liability to return, replenish used resources. I love this idea. We and generations before us have borrowed so much, so many resources, we need to figure out how to start giving back, asap.
- A drinking straw, made out of straw. A Kickstarter project you will want to fund #sustainability
- Litter picking, DNA, Mad Men for not-for-profits and yes, tampons #sustainability
- Join the complaining revolution! Resolver, free escalation tool from MoneySavingExpert
- Marketing to multiple allergy sufferers – where is the food?
- 3 sustainable products of the month- my shortlist
lolkin on How Afghan girls learn and cre… WriterLionel on How Afghan girls learn and cre… lolkin on Idea- non smart wearable … equigeo2014 on Idea- non smart wearable … equigeo2014 on Marketing- less is more in dig…